Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Halloween Weekend

Hi everyone,

Mom had a busy weekend. Her friend Lois Skinner stayed with Mom while Grandma took a much needed break up north. Ron, William, Shannon and myself all made visits. I am incredibly amazed by Mom's progress. She is still saying some words and eating ice chips and ice cream. Monday, I visited with Mom all day-we talked about Halloween in Gaylord, and reminisced about my siblings and I growing up. Mom seems to know who she is, who her family is, and where she is from. She tends to tire easily, but it is clear that she is working hard and making progress.

Saturday, Patrick, David, Grandma, Grandpa and I handed out Halloween candy at Nelson's Funeral Home, carrying on a great Gaylord Halloween tradition. Though it was cold and wet, we enjoyed seeing everyone's costumes and talking to those interested in Mom and praying for her recovery.

As always, my family and I cannot thank you enough for your encouragement and support. We will be sure to post more updates soon.
Thank you and God Bless.

Jen Nelson and The Nelson and Nelson-Snyder Families

6 comments:

  1. Thank you so very much for the updates and the new blog to follow her progress. She means so much to all of us!! Please give her our love and know she is always in our prayers.

    Jayne Rudel

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a beautiful, sunny day here in San Jose, California . . . just the kind you like at the lake, Carol. Warm thoughts are coming to you from the West. So glad to learn you're back at Lakeland Center and improving each day. Think of you daily and thank God for the healing He is bringing to you. So looking forward to the day when you'll be able to return to Gaylord, the city that really misses you. Until then keep up the good "fight", Carol. We know you can do it and we're cheering you on. Best wishes, also, to your faithful family. They have personified the meaning of real "love".

    Hugh (Tom) and Julie Thompson
    oxoxoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's great news Jen! My thoughts and prayers are still with you all. Eric

    ReplyDelete
  4. The last time I saw Carol she was dropping off flowers at Tendercare and I was visiting my nephew who is recovering from a brain injury. I recall my nephew going through many of the same steps that Carol is going through (OMH to St. Mary's in Saginaw...). Brain recovery is a long, slow road but Carol is strong and has a lot of support. My nephew is now at home and with continued therapy we expect a full recovery. I am happy to hear of Carol's recovery and will continue to keep her in prayer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi All,

    It sure sounds like Carol is making steady progress. I am so grateful to know she is recognizing you all and giving her opinion about things. No matter how little very important steps.
    God bless you are a strong and resiliant family, you are all in my prayers,
    Love always, Rose Cunningham

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for all the updates. We are all so encouraged by Carol's progress - Please give her our love. We continue to pray for her complete recovery. You all are amazing.
    Mike and Connie Zaborowski

    ReplyDelete